7.16.2005

The Hope for Our Nation

I just spent a week as one of the speakers/trainers at a seminar for young up-and-coming leaders so impassioned to change their world that they're devoting their lives to Christian ministry on the college campus.

I was so impressed by the enthusiasm and the character of these men and women. If you've read this blog for any length of time, you know that there are many things about our culture and our current leadership that frustrate me. However, every time I get around the future leaders, whether they are going into ministry, the marketplace or (what excites me most) media and public service, I can't help but take courage.

All is not lost on the next generation. They have grown up with such mixed messages from people in authority and watched them (from the home to the church to the White House) smear the very integrity and values they were to have represented. These men and women are hungry for what is good. They are dedicated to making things right. And, they are aware that they can't do it alone. That people with greater ability and intentions have failed in the attempt to do great things alone. (It's that whole "pride comes before a fall" principle.)

I firmly believe that our hope for real change lies in their hearts and hands. In them, I see Gideons and Deborahs, men and women not afraid to go against all odds, put their lives on the line and turn the course of the nation they love.

As for me, while I'm thrilled to play my part in the game, I'm honored and so very blessed to have even the smallest investment into these precious people. They truly are the hope for the nation.

4 Comments:

At 7/16/2005 08:42:00 PM, Anonymous Clayton Bell said...

I agree...sorry, I can't think of anything to rant about...I agree.

 
At 7/16/2005 11:43:00 PM, Blogger michele rayner said...

I totally agree...For those of you who don't know I am one of those people Lores spoke of.
The more I see, the more I learn, and the more I let my life get changed...young people want something to believe, they want to truth. Beyond all of that they want to see that is possible to live the way that God created us to be. I can say that some confidence (authority) because before I became a Christian that is what I longed for.
Thanks to people like you, Clayton Bell (who is a frequent commentor) and his wife and others...I saw I could . Thank you!!!

 
At 7/19/2005 03:07:00 PM, Anonymous Luke Stokes said...

After reading this morning, I thought I'd spend a couple minutes going over your latest posts and this one really encouraged me. I always love being reminded of the great roll I've been blessed to play in enabling people to change the world.

Thanks Lores, my smile to come into work today will be that much bigger :-)

 
At 7/19/2005 04:06:00 PM, Blogger Lores Rizkalla said...

Luke, you do more to make an impact for good than you may ever know. Thank YOU!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home