9.20.2005

15 minutes...or, uh, 15 seconds

As many of you know, I am a regular caller on the Sean Hannity radio talk show. I am "Lores from Los Angeles." As a matter of fact, I know that it is through the radio show that I have met (via the blogosphere) many of you! :)

Yesterday, I called into the show to comment about how Louis Farrrakhan, and other self-appointed "minority leaders," actually do more of a disservice to the people they say they represent than they do any good. Farrakhan's proposition that there was some conspiracy to wipe out African Americans in New Orleans is inane, unsubstantiated. The fact that the crater is actually beside a predominately white community seems irrelevant right now. His theory indicates one of two things: he either has WAY too much time on his hands or needs to get back on his meds.

Seriously, an arrogant, extremist "representative" of any people group who creates theories that do more to cripple and feed a victim-mentality than empower those people is no leader at all.

On the show yesterday, Sean gave me a shot at playing talk show host by taking a call from a "conspiracy kook," as Sean would say. I'm happy to say that he "graded" my performance an A-. Not to shabby ;0)

I have a question for my tech-friends reading this. Is there a way to copy my little couple of minutes from the stream/download (whatever it's called) and upload it onto my blog here?

P.S. Thank you for all those who heard and wrote in!! That was encouraging, especially after they edited out the blog URL :(

11 Comments:

At 9/20/2005 02:02:00 PM, Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

You know? The more and more Farrakhan and the Cindy Sheehans open their mouths, the less I am bothered by them. Why? Because, ultimately, I think they are good for Republicans. The only appeal they have are to the fringe loons. Cindy looses more and more support; and how can you take Farrakhan seriously? Few do when you buy into and promote conspiracy theories.

Farrakhan is a divider, not a uniter; a racist who is also a race profiteer.

 
At 9/20/2005 02:56:00 PM, Blogger mlwhitt said...

Lores,

You could try to pull it into Audacity. Will send you an email on the subject.

 
At 9/20/2005 03:21:00 PM, Blogger William said...

You know, I am really bothered by Farrakhan's comments as well his minions'. They take geniune concerns held by Black Americans while blowing them out of proportion so that no one even seriously considers them.

The truth is that there are geniune concerns of the Black Community in America. But when the concerns are linked to ridiculous stories, who really pays the concerns any attention?

One of the Nation of Islam's ministers claims that our 'white government' set demolition charges to the levees on the Black side of New Orleans. I'm trying to think of a better word other than 'dumb' but I can't at the moment. So, what a dumb theory.

 
At 9/20/2005 07:34:00 PM, Anonymous David said...

Is that really you in the picture with Hannity? It doesn't look like the one on the blog.

 
At 9/20/2005 08:28:00 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Lores, you're a celebrity and I didn't even know it!
If you do figure out how to post it, I really look forward to hearing you.
The Farrakhan thing is so way out there.
William's comment is so right on. Nutty things like this out of Black leaders' mouths, distract from the real racial issues that exist.
Farrakhan, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have been droning on too long and their message is never one that helps black people rise above the "I'm downtrodden & everybody owes me something" mantra.
I pray God will raise up some prominent black leaders who will inspire them to greatness. Inspire them to take responsibility for their own lives and decisions. Inspire them to become the people they have within themselves to be. They don't need leaders to whine for them; they need leaders to raise them up out of the old, damaging ways of thinking.
When a fellow black American rises to the top (Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, Condi Rice) they are not celebrated, they are put down by these same black leaders because they are people who have risen above and have no need of leaders who would do nothing but keep them from achievement.

 
At 9/20/2005 11:56:00 PM, Blogger Lores Rizkalla said...

jaime: i'm no celebrity. just a political junkie :)

david: yes, that's me after a long couple of days at the Republican National Convention. Exhausted and with no make up.

Honestly, i don't think either picture is decent. i'll be updating the blog picture soon.

 
At 9/21/2005 12:02:00 AM, Anonymous Dave Lucas said...

Good Going, Lores! Blogger has an audio feature...

http://audioblogger.com/

 
At 9/21/2005 12:45:00 AM, Blogger void said...

That is just TOO COOL ; I'm a big SH fan!! I never connected you with the calls though. Duh. ^5!!!

 
At 9/21/2005 04:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listened to every second of Hannity yesterday - Monday too - since I'm home with Strep. How cool to havew stumbled on your blog tonight! I'll start paying attention now! :o)
S from Atlanta

 
At 9/21/2005 07:05:00 AM, Blogger Lores Rizkalla said...

hey anonymous (S from Atlanta), so sorry you're sick! but, glad to have you join us! any friend of hannity is a friend of mine :)

feel better!!

 
At 9/21/2005 09:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Farrakhan... Being apart of the African American community, I see that most of us do not take him too seriously. He makes for good entertainment….ET, Insider, People, not real news. So I would not waste my time thinking about his comments. I do not know anyone who quotes him or follows him. I wonder why? With comments like that......later

 

Post a Comment

<< Home