11.15.2005

Jordanians Shocked

Upon reading some initial reports to the terrorist activity in Jordan last week, I had the same reaction I have had about previous attacks. It's evil. It's wrong, vicious and far from "righteous" to commit such acts against humanity. I don't care what religious book the victims read or in what region of the world they live or what language they speak.

I also don't care how "holy" and "right" the murderers claim to be. It only pains me to see women and children dragged into the ranks of suicide bombers.

When I read that
Jordanians were shocked, it didn't faze me. Of course, everyone is shocked. How devastating! This was their September 11! How could anyone, anywhere not be shocked anytime loved ones are ripped away, especially as innocent bystanders by such deceived, evil, wicked people.

However, the more I read, the more I'm seeing something my friend
Wordsmith made reference to in his comments yesterday. As time has passed, what we're hearing is more about Jordanians being shocked that Al-Qaida would strike fellow Muslims. Dennis Prager deals very passionately with this issue today. What a shame.

What a terrible shame. Is human life not precious in every land, in every faith, in every language? Is the loss of human life not worthy of grief and compassion? Is it not the one connection, one hope for any understanding that transcends boundaries and cultures? It is obvious that the answer to my questions is "NO!." I guess I don't like to remember the pictures of Muslims cheering and rejoicing over our 9/11. I can hardly think about those scenes without getting choked up...as much for them as for us.

I wish I could say that I am shocked to hear people say that their expectation was that Muslims would be immune and that only Christians and Jews would be subject to Al-Qaida's wrath. I'm not. I am, however, grieved at the thought that anyone would celebrate death anywhere.



More on the Jordan bombings from Michelle Malkin
.

1 Comments:

At 11/16/2005 06:10:00 AM, Blogger Goat said...

We live in perilous times ,Lores, I am glad to call you a friend. You need to make it up here to the "belly of the beast", I see a lively conversation at hand. The nice part is we agree and it would be about promoting conservatism here in the deep blue of Ca. At least we can shoot for purple, I'm in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home